The Deckers family of product lines (UGG® Australia, Teva®, Sanuk®, Tsubo®, Hoka ONE ONE®, Mozo®, and Ahnu®) and accompanying domestic websites (uggaustralia.com, teva.com, sanuk.com, tsubo.com, hokaoneone.com, mozoshoes.com, and ahnu.com) and international websites takes the protection and proper use of your personal information seriously. We respect your privacy and take great care to safeguard information in our possession. Your preferences with regard to how we use your information are our highest priority. Below you will find our Cookies Policy. It explains generally what cookies are, what cookies we use, and what we use them for.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies (or similar tracking technologies) are simple text files stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit certain web pages. A cookie records basic information about your visit, such as your user settings or what pages you have viewed. The website (and potentially other websites) can then recognise this information in future and can use it to improve your overall experience, for example, by remembering your log-in details, preferences or even recommending certain content.
- First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie. First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by uggaustralia.com).
- Third-party cookies: are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
- Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user's device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
There are four principle types of cookie, which perform different functions. The main types are:
- Strictly Necessary
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Remember information you have entered on order forms when you navigate to different pages during a web browser session;
- Remember the products you have stored in your basket in case you want to return and purchase them at a later date;
- Make sure you connect to the right service on our Site when we make any changes to the way the Site works;
- To route users to specific applications of a service, or specific servers;
- Prevent fraudulent activities;
- Improve security
- Performance cookies
Performance cookies collect information about how a website is used in order to improve the website's effectiveness. Also known as 'analytical' cookies, performance cookies track information such as, which parts of the website have been visited, what links have been clicked and if any errors have occurred. Performance cookies are commonly used to ensure that popular content is displayed more prominently on a website so that users can find the information that they are looking for more quickly.
We use Performance cookies for:
- Web Analytics: To provide statistics on how our Site is used;
- Error Management: To help us improve the Site by measuring any errors that occur; and
- Conduct research and diagnostics to improve our content, products and services to you.
- Functionality cookies
As the name suggests, 'functionality' cookies are used to deliver specific features or functions on a website. The most common use of functionality cookies is to remember preference settings, or to store log-in details. For example to save you the trouble of inputting your username every time you access a site.
We use Functionality cookies to:
- Remember settings you've applied, such as layout, text size, preferences, and colours;
- Identify you when you sign-in to one of our websites, which enables us to provide customised features and services, such as adding items to your wish list;
- Show you when you're logged in to the Site;
- Keep track of items stored in your shopping basket when you go from one page to another on one of our websites.
- Targeting cookies
'Targeting' cookies may be placed by us, or by our advertisers, to store information about the webpages that you have viewed. This allows us and our advertisers to deliver adverts that are relevant to the content you are interested in. These adverts may be displayed on our website or on other sites that you visit.
Targeting cookies are also used to operate 'Like' or 'Share' buttons, which users can click to let other people know that they have found a particular webpage useful or entertaining. Other sites (normally social networking sites) will then recognise these cookies and display your shared content to other users.
We use Targeting cookies to:
- Link to social networks like Facebook, who may subsequently use information about your visit to target advertising to you on other Sites;
- Provide advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can present you with advertisements in which you may be interested.
All of these cookies are managed by third parties, and you may refer to the third parties' own website privacy notifications for further information.
Third Party Cookies
How Long Do Cookies Last?
Cookies may stay on your computer or mobile device for different periods of time depending on what they are used for.
Many cookies will only last for the duration of a single visit and will be automatically deleted when the browser is closed down. These cookies are known as 'session' cookies. Some cookies (known as 'Persistent' cookies) do remain on your device between sessions and allow us to authenticate you and to remember your preferences.
Deckers does not store personally identifiable information such as credit card details in cookies we create, but we do use encrypted information gathered from them to help improve your experience of the Deckers family of websites.
In addition, we do have relationships with carefully selected and monitored suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit to be used for remarketing purposes.
To order products at uggaustralia.co.uk, you need to have cookies enabled. If you don't wish to enable cookies, you'll still be able to browse the site and use it for research purposes, but you will not be able to make a purchase.
How Do I Manage Cookies?
Most modern browsers will allow you to:
- See what cookies you have got and delete them;
- Block third party cookies;
- Block cookies from particular sites;
- Block all cookies; or
- Delete all cookies when you close your browser.
The links below take you to the 'Help' sections for each of the major browsers so that you can find out more about how to manage your cookies.
– For PCs: Click on 'Help' at the top of your browser window and select the 'About' option.
– For Macs: With the browser window open, click on the Apple menu and select the 'About' option.
- Internet Explorer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10 (Explorer 10)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9 (Explorer 9)
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-8 (Explorer 8)
- Google Chrome
http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11913 (Mountain Lion) or http://support.apple.com/kb/PH11913 (Lion)
- Safari iOS
- Windows Phone